Women’s breasts certainly draw a lot of attention in our society. Countless women seek to enhance them. Women experimented many things from push up bras to plastic surgery, most of them end up doing plastic surgery because it would be permanently. Breasts is not just breasts but it has spiritual meanings and symbolism play an important role. With a good fit breasts, women can gain more confidence in themselves. Fortunately, with the development of technology in plastic surgery, there are few options for the patient to choose.
Breasts Implant Choices (Brands)
Lelux Hospital uses only FDA (The United States Food and Drug Administration) approved breast implants. All the brands chosen by Lelux Hospital produce safe, durable and high quality breasts implants. The three brands chosen by Lelux are Allergan (Natrelle Collection), Mentor and Sientra (Silimed). All of these brands offers both glossy surfaces and matte surfaces; however, the hospital only uses matte surfaces because it would reduce the chance of getting fascia and reduce the contraction between silicone and the breast tissues.
Breast Augmentation Sizing
Before the surgery, the patient will get a consultation with the surgeon to get the best results. The surgeon will ask what is the patient desire size from 100-800 cc. However, the possibility of getting desired breast shape, areas of fullness are important to consider. For instance, a woman with thick breast tissues may be able to accommodate a wider augmentation than a person with thin breast tissues. Thin breast tissues would give an unnatural beauty if the augmented part is too big.
Round shape implant can create soft, round and nicely proportioned breasts providing great flexibility. The gel inside the round shape silicone is waterier than the teardrop shape. It would give a teardrop shape when sitting and standing but will get back to round shape when sleeping or any other gesture.
Round shape implant is suitable for a person who already have some thick breast tissues. With the same size of the silicone, in round shape augmentation would give a bigger look than the teardrop shape. The procedure for the round shape augmentation is not cumbersome and doesn’t take lots of time to do the surgery but proper technique of massaging is needed after the surgery.
Teardrop (Anatomical) Shape
Anatomical shape is commonly known as “Teardrop” due to its shape. Breasts attain a more gently sloping contour with teardrop breast implants. There is a greater preservation of the contour and fullness of the upper portion of the breast and less overstretching. The teardrop shape implants often provide greater projection by volume. Breasts with teardrop shaped implants typically excel in appearance in women who have little volume in the chest, and normally textured to ensure no flipping or rotating can take place, preventing the breasts looking uneven.
Under the Muscle (Submuscular)
This position offers the advantages of a lower rate of capsular contracture, less interference with mammography, lower rate of rippling, and less likelihood of downward displacement. Capsular contracture is when the scar tissue formed around the breast implants which may cause the breasts to harden, which may cause the breast to look or feel different. A person with petite breasts may obtain their best cosmetic result with the implant placed under the muscle, which provides more padding between the implant and the skin.
Above the Muscle (Subglandular)
This placement involves in less discomfort and faster recovery because the pectoralis muscle itself is not disturbed. Also, the breast will instantly appear attractive because the swelling is minimal. The placement is suitable for people who already have ample breast tissue as larger breasts offer more of a cushion between the implant and the skin.
Breast Augmentation Incisions and Scars
The incision is made within the breast fold with the length of about 3-4 centimeters which the scar can be easily hidden by the breast for women with deep folds. The inframammary approach provides the most direct route and generally requires the least operative time for placement of the implant.
The appealing point for this technique is the incision which is far away from the breast, leave the breast looking untouched. The scar will be under the armpit. On the other hand, this technique can only be done once, if any revision is needed, inframammary incision technique will be used for a better outcome.
For this technique the incision will be placed within the pigmented areolar tissue. This is often result in the least obvious scar because of the texture and darker color of the areola border which is generally camouflaged quite well. This technique would be benefit to people whose breasts hang a bit because it would help uplifting the breasts. However, this technique could cause in loss of sensation in the nipple for some patient.
Breast Augmentation Procedures
First the surgeon will put the patient to sleep by using general anesthesia. General anesthesia can only be used in a hospital, therefore, there won’t be any available in a small clinic. Secondly, the incision will be made in inconspicuous areas to make sure the scar is as minimal as possible. The incision made will be chosen by you and the surgeon to make sure you get the desirable outcome. After the incision is made, a breast implant is inserted into a pocket either under the muscle or under the breast tissues. Finally, the surgeon will close the incisions with layered sutures in the breast tissue with sutures, skin adhesive or surgical tape to close the skin.
- Please inform the surgeon or staff of any allergies or special dietary requirements to avoid any problem.
- Have you ever done any operation before? What operation did you have? Did you use any gas passer during the operation? Were there any significant side effects?
- Surgeon strongly recommend stopping smoking and drinking at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Please rest well and take care of your health before getting a surgery.
- Following the operation, as with any surgery, you can expect some pain, swelling, bruising and tenderness. However, these effects will get better after 3-7 days.
- The surgeon will prescribe medications which you have to for pain which you have to follow cautiously.
- You will have to come back to the hospital for a follow-up 5 days after the surgery.
- Any sexual activities or any strenuous activities that could raise your blood pressure for at least two weeks.
- You are recommended not to wear an underwire bra because it causes too much compression of the breasts. Sports bra is recommended to wear for the first 6 months after the surgery.
- Scars may become reddened before they fade. This is normal, everyone heals different, so you don’t have to worry.
- Each patient will get a consultation by the physical therapist for a suitable massage postures.
Every woman is seeking for the best fit proportion for their body, but not all of them success in that. The majority of women wants to have large breasts; however, there are group of people who has excess breast fat. With excess of breast fat cause limitation in wearing clothes which usually leads to lack of self-confidence.
However, this problem doesn’t only impact the patient’s emotionally but physically as well such as back, neck or shoulder pain, shoulder grooves, or discomfort while exercising. The unbalance weight of front and back of the body will cause the tension in the patient’s body to keep their body straight. If this happens in a long period of time, it would cause spinal degeneration. Not only that, it could increase the chance of getting a friction under the breast tissue and lead to some scratch or moist wound.
There are many ways or techniques performed in breast reduction. The primary technique is to exercise, message using fat dissolving cream or go on a diet. If all the primary methods don’t work, then surgery would be benefit to the patient. As mentioned, there are few techniques which can be performed for breast augmentation, therefore the patient has to consult with the surgeon to come up with a technique to meet the patient’s expectation. However, all the principle for all technique is quite similar. First the excess breast fat will be removed, then slide the nipple up and put them into suitable place. Finally, the surgeon will decorate the flabby tissue around the nipple area to put the breast in good shape.
Breast reduction require lots of stitches. Therefore, for those who has only small amount removed, the surgeon will perform the surgery in the areola area. For patient who need to have large amount of fat remove, the stitch will be in a T-shape and will be quite long. The shape of the breast after the operation could be vary, so it is recommended that the patient consult with the doctor in details before making any decision.
Despite consulting with the doctor, the patient should consult their spouse as well. There was a case when a woman decided to do breast reduction surgery without informing her husband in advance. In the end her husband didn’t take the scar very well, which leads to a chaotic.
- Prepare to take about 10 days off work.
- Avoid NSAIDs and blood thinning medication such as aspirin for 10 days prior to surgery to eliminate the chance of post operation bleeding.
- Clinical breast exam is recommended before the surgery, especially for those whose family history have someone who got breast cancer. Also, for people who has excessively large breast might have to do mammogram to make sure that there is no tumor.
- There will be blood test to check whether the patient has any disease which effect the use of general anesthetic. Also, heart and lungs will be check for the safeness of the patient.
- The surgeon will measure and mark all the point used for the surgery to obtain the size and the position of the nipple. For patient whose breast are not equal, the operation would be harder to perform.
- The surgeon will measure the patient’s breast position when standing to specify the amount of breast tissue being cut.
- General anesthetic will be used to put the patient to sleep before the surgery.
- The surgeon will cut the epidermis and the breast tissue around the breast area. Then the nipple will be place to the new position.
- The surgeon will place a drain in your incision to prevent blood clotting.
- The patient will have to stay one night at the hospital to make sure the patient is in good condition.
- The patient need to return in about a week or two for a follow-up.
- There will be some swelling and pain around the breast but it will get better. Unless there are any other side issues, the patient need to contact the doctor immediately.
- When the incision is fully recovered, the size of breast will not vary. However, the amount of fat may be increase depending on the patient’s weight which could cause the breast to be protract again.
- After the surgery, the patient should wear bra most of the time to prevent the breast to protract and be out of shape.
Breast lift is an aesthetic procedure to change the shape of your breasts. You might consider breast lift if your breasts sag or your nipples point downward. A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted. Also, it might also boost your self-image and self-confidence.
- The surgery will be performed under general anesthesia.
- There are2 types of surgery,
– The incision around areola area
– A vertical incision under the nipple. This depend on how much the breast is sagging.
- The surgery takes about two hours.
- Stay one night in the hospital.
- Pain will occur after surgery about 3 days and will gradually improve.
- May have bruises in some patients, do not have to wash or having any wound dressing, scar will gradually disappear.
- After surgery, pain medication is given to reduce swelling and inflammation. Take the medication completely, except painkillers, take when you feel pain.
- The doctor will schedule for follow up 5 days after surgery. Should bring bra with no underwire or bikini with you on the follow up day.
- You can move or sleep at any position.
- Should wear a bra without underwire in first month after surgery
- After surgery can work lighter in the first week after surgery, can work exercise 2 months after surgery.
- The wound will heal in 1-2 weeks, but it took several months for the wound to be pretty natural.
- After surgery, your nipples may be less sensation for a while but it will be back to normal. Only 5% of chance that the nipple will lose sensation.
After surgery still be able to have breastfeeding.