Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. Dental implants provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable prosthesis (replacement teeth) that are made to match your natural teeth. They are manufactured from biologically neutral pure Titanium that is accepted by the human body and these implants fuse with the jawbone to form a secure foundation for tooth replacement.
Benefits of Dental implants
- Improved selt-esteem and increased quality of life
- Reduce size and construct a more natural functional bridge or denture
- No need to trim the adjacent teeth to form the conventional bridge
- The solid anchorage of the dental implant will allow you to increase your chewing pressure, so eat anything you want
- Improves speech as compared to having dentures
- Improved comfort relative to removable dentures
- Prevent further loss of teeth and bone support
- Improved and younger, natural appearance
- Improved oral health
- Implants are very durable and have expected lifelong replacement for lost tooth
- No slipping, sliding clicking dentures or worrying about your dentures popping out in embarrassing situations.
Following placement of the artificial roots in the jaw, the bone may be sore and the surrounding gums tender and swollen. Patients are, however, able to go about their normal daily activities a day after surgery avoiding any rigorous physical exercises or activities.